Land of Smiles

Nicholas, Mommy, and Daddy are going to Thailand! This is the official story of our journey thus far. Read on...

Monday, April 03, 2006



Khao San Road was a fun experience. After I left the internet cafe, some guy came up to me and told me I have a very lucky face. I chatted with him for a few seconds, after which he introduced himself as "Mr. Golden Yogi". He showed me his card, which, I had to admit, identified him as "Golden Yogi". He told me he would tell me my mother's name, my sister's name, and the name of the girlfriend I would later marry. If I was satisfied with his psychic power, he would then offer to tell me my complete fortune for a sliding scale, which translated to about $250 - $750 American! Wow! I've never been to a psychic in the U.S., but I doubt they could charge that much, even if they had a name like "Mr. Golden Yogi". I tried to get the free sample of my mother's name out of him, but it turned out not to be free after all -he kept asking for a donation before he would reveal her name. I already know my mother's name, so I finally gave up trying to get the free sample and moved on. He kept after me for a while, then finally gave up.

The funny thing is that a shorter version of this story happened again, just now. A different guy just told me I have a lucky face. I guess I must have appeared less interested this time, because he left me alone much more quickly. I should have asked him if he knows Mr. Golden Yogi.

The picture above is of the national lottery stands at Khao San Road. To play the lottery here, you go to one of many street vendors, who have books of lottery tickets displayed on their tables. You hunt around for the number you like and buy the ticket.

The pictures below are of Nicholas at his preschool. Yesterday, he seemed to really enjoy it, and the teachers are quite good with the kids. The little girl in the photo on the bottom right is giving him a toy to play with.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home