Land of Smiles

Nicholas, Mommy, and Daddy are going to Thailand! This is the official story of our journey thus far. Read on...

Thursday, April 06, 2006








Yesterday, Odd took me by canal boat to Kang Lom, an open market specializing in electronics. The malls near our hotel could easily be mistaken for malls in America, but Kang Lom definitely would not. It's an open air market with very modern electronics being displayed on tables and racks in long, crowded, narrow alleyways. I was looking for an Asian region DVD player so that Nicholas can watch his Pixar movies in Thai. I found a few players for about $30 American, but I didn't buy anything at the time.

Today Nicholas' Aunt Kat ("Naa Kat") is in Bangkok, and the preschool and AUA language school are both closed for a national holiday, so we went back to Ocean World at Siam Center, where Nicholas enjoyed seeing the sharks and manta rays.

As my Dad noted in his comment, there's a political crisis here, and the controversial Prime Minister may soon be replaced. We hear about the election and see the news in the media, but happily, day-to-day life is very stable. If I do see occurrences related to the political situation, I'll be sure to blog about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home